- The Expo is a go for May 4, 2008 at the lovely St. Julien.
- Sponsorship has compiled a tentative list of sponsors below and needs YOUR ideas, contacts, and support.
- Expo planning is in full swing, so get ready for updates and information on how you can help...read on for details...
The contract is signed and the Expo is a go for May 4, 2008 at the lovely St. Julien Hotel! The tentative schedule is: Expo 2-5 p.m.; cocktail hour 5-6 p.m.; gala/finale/keynote speech 6-8 p.m.
Soon, winners of the New You Makeover Contest will be contacted by Lisa Hunter or Nicole Irlbeck, who will be working as liaisons throughout their transformations. A welcome luncheon is being planned to orient participants and get the makeover process rolling...Christine is checking with Julia at The Kitchen to see if they'd be willing to host the luncheon in exchange for sponsorship.
Speaking of sponsorship, Trish, Heather, and Christine have met separately to discuss sponsorship (more on the outcome of their meeting soon!). Sponsorship needs YOUR help and ideas! We'll be relying on the ladies of we2e to tell us of juicy leads, must-have sponsors, and share contacts who can help make the Expo a success.
The tentative sponsor list includes:
- Wine: The St. Julien will allow donated wine at the event (Bookcliff Vineyards; Augustina?)
- Food: We'll need a cash sponsorship to pay for cocktail and gala eats served through the St. Julien
- Flowers/Decor: We're considering a partnership with Fiora Flowers
- Photography, Printing and Signage: We're hoping to approach Mike's Camera for equipment, cameras, backdrops, and support for our documentary/editing team; we'll also need a vendor who can print signs to be displayed during the expo and provide programs, promo materials, etc.
- Print Ads: We'll be approaching the Boulder Daily Camera, Boulder County Business Report, and Boulder Women's Magazine about advertising space for the Expo
- Clothing: We hope to find a fabulous sponsor to outfit our makeover participants in clothing for the gala/finale piece of the Expo
We're ready to move forward with our marketing plan for the Expo. Erin and Juli will be coordinating on Web work and rolling out the marketing plan and will have updates on what we need from the group soon.